Okkervil River fans can stop the anagram guesswork after the band confirmed the title of their seventh studio album, due out on September 3rd.
The Texans have been drip-feeding the title letter by letter during the past few days, but have now brought everything together by confirming the title will be ‘The Silver Gymnasium‘.
A lengthy run of North American headline dates and festival appearances have already been arranged in time for the album’s release, and begin with a spot at the First City Festival in California over the weekend of August 24th-25th.
Running right through into November, the long trip ends in Chicago with a show at the Metro.
Monterey, Calif. @ First City Festival (24-25)
Boston, Mass. @ Boston Calling (7)
Mobile, Ala. @ Alabama Music Box (19)
Tallahassee, Fla. @ Club Downunder (20)
Atlanta, Ga. @ Variety Playhouse (21)
Washington, D.C. @ 9:30 Club (23-24)
New York, N.Y. @ Terminal 5 (26)
Ithaca, N.Y. @ The Haunt (27)
Toronto, Ontario @ Phoenix Concert Theatre (28)
Cleveland, Ohio @ Beachland Ballroom (29)
Nashville, Tenn. @ Mercy Lounge (1)
Little Rock, Ark. @ Revolution (2)
Austin, Texas @ Austin City Limits Festival (4-13)
El Paso, Texas @ Tricky Falls (18)
Phoenix, Ariz. @ The Crescent Ballroom (19)
Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Wiltern (20)
Portland, Ore. @ Wonder Ballroom (24)
Seattle, Wash. @ The Showbox (25)
Vancouver, B.C. @ Rickshaw Theatre (26)
Minneapolis, Minn. @ First Avenue (1)
Chicago, Ill. @ Metro (2)
- Video: Noel Gallagher performs 'How Soon Is Now?' with Johnny Marr in London
- Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' to become Amazon's most pre-ordered album
- Noel Gallagher premieres official 'In The Heat Of The Moment' video
- Review: The Twilight Sad - 'Nobody Wants To Be Here and Nobody Wants To Leave'
- Carl Barat, Dry The River lead first names confirmed for SXSW 2015