New York’s Backyard Festival, which had been due to host the likes of Aerosmith and Joan Jett, has been cancelled after its site was deemed ‘unsuitable for events’.
The Randall Island Park in New York played host to the Governors Ball festival earlier this month, when severe storms caused plenty of disruption.
And now, with Backyard set to take place on July 13th, organisers have decided the area is not in a fit state to welcome another festival in such a short space of time.
“Due to record-breaking rainfall in early June the site has been deemed unsuitable for events,” a spokesperson for Backyard organisers LivingSocial has told the Washington Business Journal.
“The New York City Parks Department has informed LivingSocial that necessary repairs to the park will not be completed before July 13, 2013. The event on this date is canceled, however if there is any possibility to reschedule the festival LivingSocial will let customers know.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'