New York’s Backyard Festival, which had been due to host the likes of Aerosmith and Joan Jett, has been cancelled after its site was deemed ‘unsuitable for events’.
The Randall Island Park in New York played host to the Governors Ball festival earlier this month, when severe storms caused plenty of disruption.
And now, with Backyard set to take place on July 13th, organisers have decided the area is not in a fit state to welcome another festival in such a short space of time.
“Due to record-breaking rainfall in early June the site has been deemed unsuitable for events,” a spokesperson for Backyard organisers LivingSocial has told the Washington Business Journal.
“The New York City Parks Department has informed LivingSocial that necessary repairs to the park will not be completed before July 13, 2013. The event on this date is canceled, however if there is any possibility to reschedule the festival LivingSocial will let customers know.”
- Video: Cage The Elephant air 'Melophobia' tracks on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Tim Burgess promises 'solo tracks and Charlatans classics' at London gig
- Kaiser Chiefs post new track 'Misery Company' online
- Jake Bugg, Arctic Monkeys among UK's biggest selling albums of the year
- Actor Ben Whishaw 'replaces Sacha Baron Cohen in Freddie Mercury biopic'