Johnny Borrell has confirmed the details of his debut solo album ‘Borrell 1‘.
Out on July 22nd through Stiff Records/Virgin EMI, the album marks Borrell’s first studio release in five years, when Razorlight‘s to-date last album ‘Slipway Fires‘ arrived.
The eleven tracks which comprise the LP were originally laid down on a four track recorder by Borrell with musicians including Razorlight bass player Freddie Stitz, Brazilian saxophonist Joao Mello and Darren Berry. The final versions were then re-recorded in London with producer Trevor Horn.
“The music just came very naturally. It’s an album that was born in the spirit of a party, and the arrangements for the songs come from that atmosphere,” Borrell remarks.
Lead single ‘Pan-European Supermodel Song (Oh! Gina)’ precedes on June 4th, debuting on radio a day earlier. As previously reported on Live4ever, Borrell embarks on a tour of the UK with his backing band Zazou from June 11th.
‘Borrell 1′ tracklist:
Power To The Woman
Pan-European Supermodel Song (Oh! Gina)
Ladder To Your Bed
We Cannot Overthrow
Each And Every Road
- Kasabian's Serge Pizzorno already planning 'heavy, bombastic' new album
- Christopher Owens unveils 'Never Wanna See That Look Again' video
- The Twilight Sad unveil first official single from new album
- Catfish & The Bottlemen: New album is about 'chasing girls and getting out of a small town'
- Video: Alt-J, Ryan Adams play new series of Later...With Jools Holland