Elton John has labelled Queens Of The Stone Age‘s new album ‘…Like Clockwork‘ as the ‘best rock LP of the last five or six years’.
Elton is one of a number of special guests to feature on the record, providing piano and vocals to the track ‘Fairweather Friends‘. And in conversation with the Daily Star, he has described the experience of recording with Josh Homme as ‘one of the most exciting things he’s ever done’.
“I’ve never really played on a record with a rock band like that and for me it was one of the most exciting things I’ve ever done,” he says. “I think its probably the best rock album by any band in about five or six years.”
Meanwhile, latest figures from the Official Chart Company suggests the album has dropped behind electronic duo Disclosure in the race for the UK’s number one album. Despite leading on the official midweek update, ‘…Like Clockwork’ is said to now be behind ‘by over 2,000 copies’.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Two Cartoons, Divers and more
- Patrick Carney's injury forces The Black Keys to cancel UK arena tour
- Interpol release 'Everything Is Wrong' video
- Manic Street Preachers plot North American 'Holy Bible' anniversary shows
- Parquet Courts to release live album recorded at Jack White's Third Man studios