A copy of David Bowie‘s handwritten lyrics for ‘The Jean Genie‘ is expected to fetch between £12,000-£15,000 when it is put up for auction in July.
The lyrics are just one of a number of special Bowie items which are to be held for sale on July 3rd at the Bonhams Entertainment Memorabilia auction. They were given to the founder of the New York branch of Bowie’s fanclub, and are signed and dated 1972 – the year ‘The Jean Genie’ peaked at #2 on the UK Singles Chart.
A 1969 contract offering a payment of £12 for Bowie and his guitarist John Hutchinson to perform live at the Ealing College of Communication for a fee of £12 is another of the items being auctioned, and is estimated to command a price of £1,200-£1,800.
Also up for grabs is a cardinal red Vox electric guitar used by Bowie during his legendary Ziggy Stardust period, while other items set to go under the auctioneers hammer which are not associated with Bowie include Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page’s ‘Birthday Special 2007’ acoustic guitar, worth around £10,000-15,000.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015