Killers frontman Brandon Flowers has said he will ‘definitely’ record a second solo album at some stage in the future.
In conversation with NME ahead of the Las Vegas band’s huge Wembley Stadium gig in London on June 22nd, Flowers said his 2010 effort ‘Flamingo‘ was not a one-off or merely him ‘dipping his toes in the water’.
“I’m definitely gonna do another solo record at some point. ‘Flamingo’ wasn’t just me dipping my toes in the water,” he remarks. “I really loved it. It was successful, and that helps, but I love those songs and I miss singing them.”
“It wasn’t something I had totally planned on, but I’m always writing songs, and I think — or I hope — that I’m always gonna have that. So what else am I supposed to do with myself?”
However, it would appear a fifth Killers album is set to arrive first, with drummer Ronnie Vanucci confirming new material has been fully recorded Anthony Gonzalez of M83.
“Not just demos, real recordings,” Vanucci says. “I mean, you never know what it’s gonna be, I guess. But we have our engineer, and we’re working with a couple of surprise guests, in the producer capacity.”
- Liverpool Sound City adds The Cribs, Peace, Everything Everything
- Savages, The Twilight Sad to perform at 2015 Plisskën Festival in Athens
- Father John Misty adds second night at Shepherds Bush Empire
- Muse share another brief clip of new album 'Drones'
- Noel Gallagher, Mastodon, First Aid Kit join Roskilde Festival