Killers frontman Brandon Flowers has said he will ‘definitely’ record a second solo album at some stage in the future.
In conversation with NME ahead of the Las Vegas band’s huge Wembley Stadium gig in London on June 22nd, Flowers said his 2010 effort ‘Flamingo‘ was not a one-off or merely him ‘dipping his toes in the water’.
“I’m definitely gonna do another solo record at some point. ‘Flamingo’ wasn’t just me dipping my toes in the water,” he remarks. “I really loved it. It was successful, and that helps, but I love those songs and I miss singing them.”
“It wasn’t something I had totally planned on, but I’m always writing songs, and I think — or I hope — that I’m always gonna have that. So what else am I supposed to do with myself?”
However, it would appear a fifth Killers album is set to arrive first, with drummer Ronnie Vanucci confirming new material has been fully recorded Anthony Gonzalez of M83.
“Not just demos, real recordings,” Vanucci says. “I mean, you never know what it’s gonna be, I guess. But we have our engineer, and we’re working with a couple of surprise guests, in the producer capacity.”
- Queen and Adam Lambert announce North American gigs
- Suede and Frank Turner head up Kendal Calling 2014 bill
- Spokesperson denies Morrissey will play Manchester's Summer In The City
- The Black Keys confirmed as final Latitude Festival headliners for 2014
- Yoko Ono writes letter to Elbow after 'New York Morning' tribute