The news was announced on the Stones’ official Twitter feed with a message that reads: “On Sunday in Montreal the Stones will be joined by @arcadefire’s Win Butler! What song do you think he’ll play?”
The gig takes place at the Bell Centre venue in Montreal and is part of The Rolling Stones’ ongoing 50 And Counting anniversary tour, which is soon to bring the group to Glastonbury for the first time.
Jagger, Richards, Wood and Watts have invited a plethora of stars to perform with them during the tour, and reports earlier this week suggested Adele is being courted for an appearance at their Hyde Park concerts next month.
Despite a Sun ‘source’ circulating the news, spokespeople for both acts have so far refused to confirm its veracity.
Here’s an exclusive clip of the Stones with Dave Grohl on stage from Anaheim’s show earlier in the tour:
- Major labels 'considering removing music videos from YouTube'
- The Bluetones announce 'Return To The Last Chance Saloon' reissue
- The Ordinary Boys share video for comeback single 'Four Letter Word'
- Dinosaur Pile-Up announce new album 'Eleven Eleven', UK tour dates
- The Rolling Stones amass $100m from US tour