Borrell’s band has been seemingly kicked into touch for the foreseeable future after the unveiling of a new line-up and plans for an album in early 2011 were met with widespread derision.
Since then, Borrell has released a a four-track cassette recording of ‘Dahlia Allegro’ and ‘Pan-European Supermodel Song (Oh Gina!)’ on limited edition 7” vinyl, and will now take more new material out on the road starting on June 11th at The Cellar in Southampton.
“We had gone to the South Of France to a small house in the Pays Basque last year and the music just came very naturally,” Borrell has told French radio station Oui FM of the solo LP’s recording. “It’s an album that was born in the spirit of a party, and the arrangements for the songs come from that atmosphere.”
Southampton, The Cellar (11)
Aldershot, West End Centre (12)
Bristol, Louisiana (13)
York , Fibbers (14)
Birmingham, Hare & Hounds (16)
Leicester, Lock 42 (17)
London, 100 Club (18)
- Ride's Mark Gardener and Andy Bell sign up for intimate War Child gig
- The Wombats return with new album, European tour
- The Jesus & Mary Chain take 'Pyschocandy' celebrations to Bilbao BBK Live
- Florence & The Machine, Alt-J confirm for next year's Flow Festival
- Brandon Flowers aiming for 'change' on second solo album