Vaccines frontman Justin Young has revealed he has been working on new material…with boyband One Direction.
Young was speaking to BBC Newsbeat at this week’s NME Awards, and elaborated on his time with the Simon Cowell pocket-liners after Niall Horan had apparently first hinted at the news.
“It was a really interesting creative process, writing with pretty much the biggest pop band on the planet,” Young insists.
“It was a very different world and very different process – that was one of the reasons I wanted to do it. I really enjoyed it. It’s the first time I’ve ever done anything like that, I felt like I took so much from doing it. I’ve always said I love pop music and how much I want to write pop music.”
The Vaccines were nominated in both the Best British Band and Best Album categories at the 2013 NME Awards, but missed out on the prizes to Biffy Clyro and The Maccabees respectively.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Two Cartoons, Divers and more
- Patrick Carney's injury forces The Black Keys to cancel UK arena tour
- Interpol release 'Everything Is Wrong' video
- Manic Street Preachers plot North American 'Holy Bible' anniversary shows
- Parquet Courts to release live album recorded at Jack White's Third Man studios