The Killers were in the studio during February recording material earmarked for a new album, drummer Ronnie Vannucci has revealed.
Quoted in the Daily Star, Vannucci says he hopes the Las Vegas band will release a fifth studio record as soon as possible after their 2012 effort ‘Battle Born‘ was interrupted by a lengthy hiatus which began in early 2010.
“I hope there’s a new album soon,” he said. “We’ve been working on stuff. We were in the studio just the week before last. I want to put out a new record now but it’s about getting us all on the same page.”
“I bring a guitar with me everywhere. Playing the same songs over and over again is like having the same dinner every night. So you want to start getting in the kitchen and experimenting a bit.”
The Killers’ return has proved hugely successful and has sparked a first UK stadium date at Wembley later this year.
- Live4ever Presents: Alias Kid
- Blur's Graham Coxon: 'The whole music business is shit'
- Foals 'turned down Glastonbury spot which went to The Libertines'
- Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, Mark Ronson, Andrew Wyatt cover Queens Of The Stone Age
- Paul McCartney to reissue 'Tug Of War' and 'Pipes Of Peace' with previously unheard material