Liam Gallagher has offered his thoughts on the much publicised onstage reconciliation between Noel Gallagher and Blur bandmates Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon over the weekend – and unsurprisingly he’s not been gushing with praise.
The rumoured hook-up between Gallagher Senior and his former Britpop rivals came to fruition on Saturday (March 23rd) when the trio aired Blur’s anthem ‘Tender‘ in front of a rapturous crowd at London’s Royal Albert Hall on behalf of the Teenage Cancer Trust.
And Noel’s estranged brother Liam has been predictably quick to respond, with the Beady Eye frontman taking to Twitter today to declare: “Don’t know what’s worse RKID sipping champagne with a war criminal or them backing vocals you’ve just done for BLUE!”
Noel Gallagher has curated the annual Teenage Cancer Trust concerts for 2013 in the absence of Who singer Roger Daltrey, and has seen the likes of Kasabian, Primal Scream and Ryan Adams all accept his invitations to appear at the week-long benefit event.
- Major labels 'considering removing music videos from YouTube'
- The Bluetones announce 'Return To The Last Chance Saloon' reissue
- The Ordinary Boys share video for comeback single 'Four Letter Word'
- Dinosaur Pile-Up announce new album 'Eleven Eleven', UK tour dates
- The Rolling Stones amass $100m from US tour