The full Atoms For Peace line-up have officially confirmed their first European live engagements of 2013.
Thom Yorke, Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Flea, percussionist Mauro Refosco and long-term Radiohead studio collaborator Nigel Godrich will play three dates at the London Roundhouse on July 24th, 25th and 26th to go with a series of festival and headline appearances on mainland Europe.
Atoms For Peace released the debut album ‘Amok‘ last week, whose genesis has previously been described by Yorke on Radiohead’s official website.
“We formed to learn to play ‘The Eraser’ record, if you don’t know that, and discovered a really good energy doing that,” he said.
“And it fell into this record. I’m still reeling from being on tour for much of the year but we are planning to get together and play etc next year! We’re figuring all that out right now. Atoms is a ongoing and open ended project, where it leads i know not for certain, which is what is nice about it.”
Paris, France – Zenith (6)
Antwerp, Belgium – Lotto Arena (9)
Munich, Germany – Zenith (10)
Trenčín, Slovakia – Pohoda Festival (12)
Novi Sad, Serbia – Exit Festival (13)
Rome, Italy – Rock in Roma @ Ippodromo delle Capannelle (16)
Milan, Italy – City Sound Festival @ Ippodromo del Galoppo (17)
Berlin, Germany – Melt Festival (21)
London, England – Roundhouse (24, 25, 26)
- Video: Cage The Elephant air 'Melophobia' tracks on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Tim Burgess promises 'solo tracks and Charlatans classics' at London gig
- Kaiser Chiefs post new track 'Misery Company' online
- Jake Bugg, Arctic Monkeys among UK's biggest selling albums of the year
- Actor Ben Whishaw 'replaces Sacha Baron Cohen in Freddie Mercury biopic'