The full Atoms For Peace line-up have officially confirmed their first European live engagements of 2013.
Thom Yorke, Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Flea, percussionist Mauro Refosco and long-term Radiohead studio collaborator Nigel Godrich will play three dates at the London Roundhouse on July 24th, 25th and 26th to go with a series of festival and headline appearances on mainland Europe.
Atoms For Peace released the debut album ‘Amok‘ last week, whose genesis has previously been described by Yorke on Radiohead’s official website.
“We formed to learn to play ‘The Eraser’ record, if you don’t know that, and discovered a really good energy doing that,” he said.
“And it fell into this record. I’m still reeling from being on tour for much of the year but we are planning to get together and play etc next year! We’re figuring all that out right now. Atoms is a ongoing and open ended project, where it leads i know not for certain, which is what is nice about it.”
Paris, France – Zenith (6)
Antwerp, Belgium – Lotto Arena (9)
Munich, Germany – Zenith (10)
Trenčín, Slovakia – Pohoda Festival (12)
Novi Sad, Serbia – Exit Festival (13)
Rome, Italy – Rock in Roma @ Ippodromo delle Capannelle (16)
Milan, Italy – City Sound Festival @ Ippodromo del Galoppo (17)
Berlin, Germany – Melt Festival (21)
London, England – Roundhouse (24, 25, 26)
- 2014 Mercury Prize nominees to be revealed next week
- Franz Ferdinand, Mogwai to push for Scottish independence at Edinburgh gig
- Eight Kate Bush albums re-enter UK's Top 40
- Royal Blood unveil UK tour after securing fastest selling rock debut in three years
- Review: Leeds Festival 2014 - Arctic Monkeys, Queens Of The Stone Age and more