Brian Wilson has confirmed a couple of live shows in the States with Al Jardine and David Marks after the trio were dumped out of The Beach Boys reunion by Mike Love.
Wilson said he ‘couldn’t understand’ Love’s decision to axe him from the band after his return in early 2012 coincided with a new studio album and tour as the Beach Boys celebrated their 50th anniversary.
“The post-50th anniversary configuration will not include Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks,” a statement from Love said at the time. “The 50th Reunion Tour was designed to be a set tour with a beginning and an end to mark a special 50-year milestone for the band.”
So the three exiled bandmates will instead perform two shows of their own in July, starting at the Fraze Pavilion in Kettering, Ohio on the 25th, and an appearance at the Ravina Festival in Highland Park, Illinois a day later.
- Live4ever Exclusive: 'Striving For a Legacy In a Fickle World' - Palma Violets @ SXSW 2015
- Drenge further preview new album with 'Favourite Son'
- 2015 AIM Independent Music Awards set for September 8th
- Graham Coxon has 'increased respect' for Damon Albarn after recording new Blur album
- Super Furry Animals, The Horrors, Augustines on bill for inaugural Forgotten Fields festival