The Yeah Yeah Yeahs have unveiled a second preview of their upcoming new album ‘Mosquito‘. The clip is streaming through YouTube below.
‘Mosquito‘ is boxed up for release on April 15th, and sees the New York band revisiting Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas with producer David Sitek, and Nick Launay, after the arrangement helped to deliver the excellent 2009 LP ‘It’s Blitz‘.
“We took a more playful, lo-fi approach to songwriting,” says singer Karen O on the album. “Much of the music was demo-ed in our little basement studio in Manhattan with drum machines, a shitty sample keyboard and tons of delay – which we called the soup.”
“I think this record has more moodier and tripped-out songs than you’ve ever heard from us. You might catch some roots reggae and minimalist psychedelia influences in there.”
In addition, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have confirmed a stop off at the South By Southwest festival next month, when they will perform as part of the NPR showcase at Stubbs on March 13th. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have also agreed to appear.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Highlights The Dead Heavys
- The Temper Trap 'reaching the end' of recording their third album
- Black Grape announce full UK reunion tour
- Line-up for BBC Introducing Stage at Radio 1's Big Weekend revealed
- The Charlatans and Ronan Keating involved in argument at music industry event