The Yeah Yeah Yeahs have unveiled a second preview of their upcoming new album ‘Mosquito‘. The clip is streaming through YouTube below.
‘Mosquito‘ is boxed up for release on April 15th, and sees the New York band revisiting Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas with producer David Sitek, and Nick Launay, after the arrangement helped to deliver the excellent 2009 LP ‘It’s Blitz‘.
“We took a more playful, lo-fi approach to songwriting,” says singer Karen O on the album. “Much of the music was demo-ed in our little basement studio in Manhattan with drum machines, a shitty sample keyboard and tons of delay – which we called the soup.”
“I think this record has more moodier and tripped-out songs than you’ve ever heard from us. You might catch some roots reggae and minimalist psychedelia influences in there.”
In addition, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have confirmed a stop off at the South By Southwest festival next month, when they will perform as part of the NPR showcase at Stubbs on March 13th. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have also agreed to appear.
- Band Of Skulls share 'Himalayan' video ahead of UK and Ireland tour
- The Jam's 'Setting Sons' to be reissued with unreleased tracks
- Ray Davies suggests a Kinks reunion is now unlikely once again
- Video: Noel Gallagher performs 'How Soon Is Now?' with Johnny Marr in London
- Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' to become Amazon's most pre-ordered album