Tribes have premiered the new track ‘How The Other Half Live‘ ahead of the release of their second studio album ‘Wish To Scream‘ on May 20th.
The London band have been at Sound City in Los Angeles working on the follow-up to the early 2012 debut ‘Baby‘, soaking up the incredible history of a studio which has witnessed the recording of many classic albums in its time, including Fleetwood Mac‘s ‘Rumours‘ and Nirvana‘s ‘Nevermind‘.
“It’s an incredible studio,” singer Johnny Lloyd remarked after the track was given a first airing on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show yesterday (February 4th). “It’s got lots of history and it really seeped into the music and the writing.”
Elaborating further on the single, Lloyd continued: “We have a lot of fun playing that live, we’re actually touring that at the moment. There’s a probably a little more soul in these new songs, I think we’ve just grown up a bit.”
- The History Of Apple Pie announce UK tour supporting new album 'Feel Something'
- Eels' Mark Oliver Everett awarded freedom of London
- The Gaslight Anthem's video for new album title-track 'Get Hurt' unveiled
- Ozzy Osbourne to release CD/DVD solo compilation
- Iceage reveal 'The Lord's Favorite' video, promise more new music soon