The Pigeon Detectives have today confirmed the details of their new album and released the accompanying artwork (pic).
‘We Met At Sea‘ is due for release on April 29th through Cooking Vinyl, and follows the 2011 effort ‘Up, Guards and At ‘Em!‘.
“We’re a live band,” frontman Matt Bowman comments. “That’s where we cut our teeth, that’s where we’re most comfortable, that’s where we have the most fun. That’s where we made our name.”
“For the third album we almost went against our instincts at times. We reigned ourselves in. On this one we just wrote what came out, really natural, we didn’t force anything, and if something wasn’t good enough we just threw it away.”
“Where possible, original live takes were used – there’s errors left in, it all adds character. It just made sense to us to write a record that will translate live and create a rock and roll atmosphere at our shows.”
‘We Met At Sea’ tracklist:
‘I Won’t Come Back’
‘Hold Your Gaze’
‘Light Me Up’
‘Can’t You Find Me’
‘I Don’t Mind’
‘Day And Month’
‘No State To Drive’
‘Where You Are’
- Palma Violets unveil latest track 'English Tongue' from 'Danger In The Club'
- The Maccabees return with new single 'Marks To Prove It'
- The Libertines promise new album announcement 'soon'
- The Rolling Stones confirm North American stadium dates
- Grant Nicholas: 'Feeder’s heart is still beating strong and we will be back soon'