Texas dates in El Paso, Austin, Pharr, Beaumont and Dallas are the latest to have been postponed by Morrissey as he continues treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus.
After first being hospitalised late last month, Morrissey had planned to return to the road on February 9th in Las Vegas, but was forced to shelve those plans earlier this week and instead intended on making his comeback on February 12th.
However, still more concerts have been cancelled, with the latest update putting February 21st as the new date for the resumption of the tour.
“As the doctor has ordered Morrissey to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus,” the new statement reads.
“These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. Morrissey thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'