Texas dates in El Paso, Austin, Pharr, Beaumont and Dallas are the latest to have been postponed by Morrissey as he continues treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus.
After first being hospitalised late last month, Morrissey had planned to return to the road on February 9th in Las Vegas, but was forced to shelve those plans earlier this week and instead intended on making his comeback on February 12th.
However, still more concerts have been cancelled, with the latest update putting February 21st as the new date for the resumption of the tour.
“As the doctor has ordered Morrissey to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus,” the new statement reads.
“These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. Morrissey thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.”
- East India Youth to follow Mercury nominated 'Total Strife Forever' in April
- Little Comets confirm 'Hope Is Just a State Of Mind' tracklist
- Drenge announce new album 'Undertow', UK tour dates
- Slaves, Django Django, Alabama Shakes on Great Escape 2015 bill
- Royal Blood, The Cribs top BBC 6Music Festival line-up