Liam Gallagher might think he’s a ‘dick’, but comedian and actor Russell Brand has reserved some kinder words for the former Oasis and current Beady Eye frontman.
Brand is quoted in today’s Daily Star tabloid as branding Liam as a ‘brilliant rock star’, while also describing his estranged brother Noel as a ‘serious good mate’.
“Liam’s music has given me pleasure, but it turns out he thinks I am a dick,” Brand is quoted as saying. “That is the price I have paid. I am very good friends with his brother and they have a notorious spat.”
“Noel is a proper serious good mate. But I like Liam. If you see him on the stage he is very sexy and a brilliant rock star.”
Russell Brand is due to resume his radio partnership with Noel Gallagher next month for a series of shows on XFM which are being planned to coincide with the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts.
- 'George Harrison: The Apple Years' compilation to be released this month
- HMV chairman predicts resurgence will see it 'soon overtake Amazon'
- Elbow to play three nights in Manchester, London next February
- Julian Casablancas shares 11-minute solo track 'Human Sadness'
- Robert Plant streams new album in full