The veterans have long been linked with a first appearance at Worthy Farm in June after making their live return last November, with Mick Jagger dropping the biggest hint yet that they have agreed a deal with organiser Michael Eavis during an interview with NME last month.
However, Wood has appeared to suggest to The Independent that an agreement has not yet been officially reached, but reiterated his desire to add Glastonbury to the Stones’ expected 2013 tour dates.
“Wouldn’t it be nice?” he said when asked about Glastonbury by The Independent. “We’ve got a meeting next month and that’s going to be my first question to them. It’s something I’ve always been interested in.”
“I’m going to twist their arms. I’ve got lots of high hopes this year, now that we’re all rehearsed – let’s get it cracking this summer!”
- Foals post new album 'What Went Down' in full on Spotify
- Royal Blood to provide chief support for Foo Fighters' rescheduled UK outdoor gigs
- Review: Paul Smith & The Intimations - 'Contradictions'
- Frankie & The Heartstrings confirm stint supporting The Charlatans in December
- The Maccabees detail UK touring plans