Queen‘s Brian May and Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi discussed the idea during an interview with Kerrang, with Iommi asking May: “When are we going to get to work on that album of riffs together? You know what I’m talking about,” to which May replied:
“Yes, I do know what he’s talking about and I’m very, very keen. The record he’s talking about was supposed to be a secret but I guess he’s blown it now!”
“I thought it would be great to make a compilation out of them,” May continues on the volume of unfinished work Iommi has in his possession. “The idea was to put all these riffs out in some form so that people could build their own songs from them. You could make your own music with Tony Iommi on guitar!”
- Live4ever Presents: Alias Kid
- Blur's Graham Coxon: 'The whole music business is shit'
- Foals 'turned down Glastonbury spot which went to The Libertines'
- Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, Mark Ronson, Andrew Wyatt cover Queens Of The Stone Age
- Paul McCartney to reissue 'Tug Of War' and 'Pipes Of Peace' with previously unheard material