Queen‘s Brian May and Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi discussed the idea during an interview with Kerrang, with Iommi asking May: “When are we going to get to work on that album of riffs together? You know what I’m talking about,” to which May replied:
“Yes, I do know what he’s talking about and I’m very, very keen. The record he’s talking about was supposed to be a secret but I guess he’s blown it now!”
“I thought it would be great to make a compilation out of them,” May continues on the volume of unfinished work Iommi has in his possession. “The idea was to put all these riffs out in some form so that people could build their own songs from them. You could make your own music with Tony Iommi on guitar!”
- Manchester Orchestra announce 'Cope' follow-up LP
- Julian Casablancas on The Strokes' live plans: Touring is 'a great way to destroy a band'
- The Subways unveil self-titled new album, 2015 tour dates
- Queen to release new album with unheard Freddie Mercury songs
- Caitlin Rose shares track written with The Vaccines' Justin Young