Queen‘s Brian May and Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi discussed the idea during an interview with Kerrang, with Iommi asking May: “When are we going to get to work on that album of riffs together? You know what I’m talking about,” to which May replied:
“Yes, I do know what he’s talking about and I’m very, very keen. The record he’s talking about was supposed to be a secret but I guess he’s blown it now!”
“I thought it would be great to make a compilation out of them,” May continues on the volume of unfinished work Iommi has in his possession. “The idea was to put all these riffs out in some form so that people could build their own songs from them. You could make your own music with Tony Iommi on guitar!”
- Foals debut inside Top 10 on this week's UK Album Chart
- The Maccabees add new gig to winter tour of the UK
- 'Stuck On You' latest video to preview Reverend & The Makers' new album 'Mirrors'
- Mumford & Sons expand UK and Ireland arena tour
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra reveal video for 'Can't Keep Checking My Phone'