A first peak at Primal Scream‘s new album ‘More Light’ will arrive when the single ‘2013’ hits UK radio next week.
The single is to be released on the band’s own First International label via Ignition Records, and has been written by Bobby Gillespie and Andrew Innes, with Dave Holmes on production duties. My Bloody Valentine‘s Kevin Shields guests on guitar. The album version of ‘2013’, clocking in at over 9 minutes, will be available to download from February 25th.
New bass player Simone Butler has joined up in the wake of Mani‘s return to the Stone Roses fold for an album which has previously been described by Gillespie as ‘modern rock and roll’.
“It’s a rock’n’roll record, but modern rock’n’roll. Pretty psychedelic rock, it’s kind of guitar-driven but we use guitars in an orchestral way, not in the normal way people make rock records,” he told Q last year.
“I think we do it in a more interesting way. We weave the guitars in with electronics and other acoustic instruments to make the core sound.”
- Mumford & Sons announce third album 'Wilder Mind'
- Tame Impala announce Liverpool gig in September
- Amber Run confirm debut album '5am', UK and Ireland tour dates
- The Libertines, Tame Impala, Belle & Sebastian for first ever European Lollapalooza
- Public Service Broadcasting at number one on UK Record Store Chart