The paper claims Gallagher is ready to perform ‘a set brimming with Oasis classics’ at Sandance beach on March 15th, with former Verve man Ashcroft supporting.
“This is going to be really special,” a source has told the paper. “He’s not promoting an album or doing a tour this year, it’s just a one-off show of Oasis classics.”
Those Oasis classics will comprise 75 percent of the set according to promoters, though Gallagher is apparently set to again be backed by the High Flying Birds, who were a constant presence throughout the long world tour which was launched in 2011 to support his debut solo album and concluded in London late last year.
March also sees Gallagher headlining the Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall; a series of concerts he has curated for one year only due to Roger Daltrey‘s ongoing touring commitments with The Who.
- 'George Harrison: The Apple Years' compilation to be released this month
- HMV chairman predicts resurgence will see it 'soon overtake Amazon'
- Elbow to play three nights in Manchester, London next February
- Julian Casablancas shares 11-minute solo track 'Human Sadness'
- Robert Plant streams new album in full