The paper claims Gallagher is ready to perform ‘a set brimming with Oasis classics’ at Sandance beach on March 15th, with former Verve man Ashcroft supporting.
“This is going to be really special,” a source has told the paper. “He’s not promoting an album or doing a tour this year, it’s just a one-off show of Oasis classics.”
Those Oasis classics will comprise 75 percent of the set according to promoters, though Gallagher is apparently set to again be backed by the High Flying Birds, who were a constant presence throughout the long world tour which was launched in 2011 to support his debut solo album and concluded in London late last year.
March also sees Gallagher headlining the Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall; a series of concerts he has curated for one year only due to Roger Daltrey‘s ongoing touring commitments with The Who.
- The Horrors, The Orwells, Palma Violets and many more join Reading/Leeds line-up
- Video: Damon Albarn rides 'Heavy Seas Of Love'
- Twin Atlantic confirm 'Great Divide' album details
- Paul McCartney forced to postpone South American gig after equipment goes missing
- Pulled Apart By Horses share live track on eve of UK tour