Morrissey has reaffirmed his commitment to resume touring next week after stating that ‘reports of his death have been greatly understated’.
The iconic singer was forced to postpone more North American gigs last month after being hospitalised with a bleeding ulcer, and has now released a statement to fansite True To You which reads:
“The reports of my death have been greatly understated. I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If there’s an audience of any kind in attendance, I just might die with a smile on my face, after all. If I am not there, I shall probably never again be anywhere.”
“Thank you to everyone present at both Brooklyn (New York) and Melbourne (Australia) during recent weeks for two of the best nights of what might charitably be termed my “career”. My debt to you will outlive time itself.”
- Metronomy, The Horrors and Drenge join Blur at British Summer Time
- Liverpool Sound City adds The Cribs, Peace, Everything Everything
- Savages, The Twilight Sad to perform at 2015 Plisskën Festival in Athens
- Father John Misty adds second night at Shepherds Bush Empire
- Muse share another brief clip of new album 'Drones'