Coldplay have pulled out of a South American tour which had already been postponed on one previous occasion last year.
The band were due to travel to Chile next week for the start of the tour, which had been rearranged from last year and was set to form the final of part of their lengthy ‘Mylo Xyloto‘ commitments.
However, they have now cited ‘circumstances beyond their control’ as the reason for all shows being cancelled in a statement on their official website which reads thus:
“Dear friends in Latin America, We’re sad to say that, due to circumstances beyond our control, we’re unable to reschedule the postponed ‘Mylo Xyloto’ tour dates in 2013. For this we’re very sorry. It may seem small consolation now but we’ll definitely have your corner of the world at the front of our minds when the time comes to do it all again. Thank you for your incredible patience and support.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. Soak, Tequila For Breakfast and more
- Manchester Orchestra announce 'Cope' follow-up LP
- Julian Casablancas on The Strokes' live plans: Touring is 'a great way to destroy a band'
- The Subways unveil self-titled new album, 2015 tour dates
- Queen to release new album with unheard Freddie Mercury songs