According to reports, both bands plan on airing new material when they perform at the event, while Modest Mouse and Skunk Anansie have also been confirmed for the festival, which takes place between July 3rd-6th.
Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Kings Of Leon and Queens Of The Stone Age are due to headline for 2013, and organisers were barely able to hide their delight when Blur became the first act to be unveiled last November.
“In the November greyness, the overwhelming pessimism, crisis in Europe in Poland and the growing opportunism, faced with the dominance of mainstream and catering for the least ambitious tastes and the conviction that ‘we can’t do it’, again, it’s time to say STOP,” they said.
“I love this moment: the first headliner, the first announcements, as they take us into the next festival year, the more so when we make dreams of so many festival fans come true, and rise to their expectations with the first artist we announce. Ladies and Gentlemen, BLUR are the first Heineken Open’er 2013 headliner!”
- Rob Da Bank, Catfish & The Bottlemen win at Festival Congress Awards
- Gallery: Fat White Family's 'naked ambition' comes to New York City
- Pulled Apart By Horses reveal new EP, Kasabian support & headline UK gigs
- Damon Albarn restarting Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Review: Topshelf Records' label tour feat. Field Mouse, Prawn, A Great Big Pile of Leaves