According to reports, both bands plan on airing new material when they perform at the event, while Modest Mouse and Skunk Anansie have also been confirmed for the festival, which takes place between July 3rd-6th.
Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Kings Of Leon and Queens Of The Stone Age are due to headline for 2013, and organisers were barely able to hide their delight when Blur became the first act to be unveiled last November.
“In the November greyness, the overwhelming pessimism, crisis in Europe in Poland and the growing opportunism, faced with the dominance of mainstream and catering for the least ambitious tastes and the conviction that ‘we can’t do it’, again, it’s time to say STOP,” they said.
“I love this moment: the first headliner, the first announcements, as they take us into the next festival year, the more so when we make dreams of so many festival fans come true, and rise to their expectations with the first artist we announce. Ladies and Gentlemen, BLUR are the first Heineken Open’er 2013 headliner!”
- 2:54 unveil second album 'The Other I' with UK tour dates
- Kate Bush begins live residency at London's Eventim Apollo
- Morrissey curates tracklist for new Ramones compilation
- Dry The River, Pulled Apart By Horses to help celebrate Transgressive's 10th birthday
- Pulled Apart By Horses stream new album after late Leeds Festival cancellation