The Strokes have confirmed they will release their new album in March after some online digging appeared to throw up the news earlier today.
The New York band’s fifth studio album is entitled ‘Comedown Machine‘, and due for release on March 25th. It will be preceded by the single ‘All The Time‘, another detail previously discussed on the net after a Seattle based radio station babbled on Facebook that they had been in receipt of the track earlier this month.
In stark contrast to previous releases, ‘Comedown Machine’ arrives only a relatively short time on from ‘Angles‘ – almost exactly two years – after the group pledged to swiftly put right the problems which had dogged the recording of their fourth record, which in the end created a five-year gap between releases.
In addition, another taste of new material, ‘One Way Trigger‘, was released as a free download through The Strokes’ official website last week.
- Mark E Smith: 'I forced myself to watch five minutes of Metallica without vomiting'
- Skinny Lister sign to Xtra Mile Recordings, announce October tour
- Zola Jesus unveils ‘Go (Blank Sea)’ from new album
- Win Butler: 'Arcade Fire are in their prime'
- Wild Beasts announce 'Present Tense' special edition, one-off Leeds gig