The Pigeon Detectives have returned with the brand new single ‘Animal‘, which features on the band’s fourth studio album due later this year.
“Animal is one of those songs that we knew would work well in front of a live audience as soon as we started writing it,” frontman Matt Bowman has said. “It’s an exciting tune with a raw sinister edge to it, but it still retains all the catchiness usually associated with The Pigeon Detectives. We all agreed it was the song to set our stall out with and the in your face guitars is a statement of intent.”
The track was premiered on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show last night (January 22nd), and is available as a free download from The Pigeon Detectives’ official website now ahead of its full release on January 28th.
The group are set to tour the UK in April and May, the details of which are as follows:
Preston 53 Degrees (25)
Whitehaven Civic Hall (26)
Sheffield Leadmill (27)
Stoke Sugarmill (28)
Norwich Waterfront (30)
Birmingham Institute (1)
Middlesbrough Empire (2)
Glasgow Arches (3)
Live at Leeds (4)
Cambridge Junction (6)
Nottingham Rescue Rooms (7)
Bristol Thekla (8)
London, Dingwalls (9)
Brighton Coalition (10)
Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (11)
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'