Sigur Ros have confirmed Kjartan Sveinsson, their keyboard player for 15 years, has left the group.
The Icelandic band broke the news during a chat on Reddit, revealing Sveinsson simply wanted to pursue new avenues in life after his long association with Sigur Ros.
“Yes he has left the band,” they said. “He said he spent half his life in the band and it was time to do something different. He wanted to leave for some time. We have added some extra hands but thats also because we use a lot of instruments on the albums and we can’t play them all at the same time live. We want the live experience to be as good as possible.”
The group later spoke of how they are using any downtime during their current tour commitments to chisel away at a follow-up to the brilliant, typically cinematic 2012 LP ‘Valtari‘
- Pulled Apart By Horses share cover of Slade's 'Merry Christmas Everyone'
- The Libertines refuse to comment on Glastonbury headline rumours
- Reading/Leeds Festival confirms first headliner for 2015
- Peace release 'Gen Strange' live cut, add 2015 London date
- Editors, The Charlatans, Slow Club for Save The Children's 'Christmas Jumper Jam'