Sigur Ros have confirmed Kjartan Sveinsson, their keyboard player for 15 years, has left the group.
The Icelandic band broke the news during a chat on Reddit, revealing Sveinsson simply wanted to pursue new avenues in life after his long association with Sigur Ros.
“Yes he has left the band,” they said. “He said he spent half his life in the band and it was time to do something different. He wanted to leave for some time. We have added some extra hands but thats also because we use a lot of instruments on the albums and we can’t play them all at the same time live. We want the live experience to be as good as possible.”
The group later spoke of how they are using any downtime during their current tour commitments to chisel away at a follow-up to the brilliant, typically cinematic 2012 LP ‘Valtari‘
- Major labels 'considering removing music videos from YouTube'
- The Bluetones announce 'Return To The Last Chance Saloon' reissue
- The Ordinary Boys share video for comeback single 'Four Letter Word'
- Dinosaur Pile-Up announce new album 'Eleven Eleven', UK tour dates
- The Rolling Stones amass $100m from US tour