Sigur Ros have confirmed Kjartan Sveinsson, their keyboard player for 15 years, has left the group.
The Icelandic band broke the news during a chat on Reddit, revealing Sveinsson simply wanted to pursue new avenues in life after his long association with Sigur Ros.
“Yes he has left the band,” they said. “He said he spent half his life in the band and it was time to do something different. He wanted to leave for some time. We have added some extra hands but thats also because we use a lot of instruments on the albums and we can’t play them all at the same time live. We want the live experience to be as good as possible.”
The group later spoke of how they are using any downtime during their current tour commitments to chisel away at a follow-up to the brilliant, typically cinematic 2012 LP ‘Valtari‘
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Two Cartoons, Divers and more
- Patrick Carney's injury forces The Black Keys to cancel UK arena tour
- Interpol release 'Everything Is Wrong' video
- Manic Street Preachers plot North American 'Holy Bible' anniversary shows
- Parquet Courts to release live album recorded at Jack White's Third Man studios