Shane Meadows’ forthcoming documentary on the Stone Roses‘ reunion has been entitled The Stone Roses: Made Of Stone and and is pencilled in for a late spring/early summer release.
The renowned director has teamed up with Film4, 4DVD and Warp Films for the project, which tells the story of the Manchester band’s comeback tour last year which was defined by the record breaking three-night stay at Manchester’s Heaton Park.
“When Ian Brown rang me to tell me my favourite band of all time was getting back together again, it was like every Roses fan’s wildest dreams were coming true,” Meadows has said. “People tell you that you can’t recapture your youth, it won’t be the same. I don’t believe that.”
“I’m going to make up for the nightmare of a lifetime at 17 years old, being sat in a flat having a bad trip when I could have been at Spike Island, being part of one of the most momentous things ever.”
“It’s hard to think of a film that could be any more exciting,” Film4 senior commissioning executive and executive producer Katherine Butler has added.
“A combination of Shane’s wonderfully insightful directorial eye, the seminal genius of The Stone Roses, and our brilliant friends at Warp – what else is there to say? We’re thrilled.”
- Hookworms forced to cancel US tour
- Blur confirmed as Saturday night headliners at Isle Of Wight Festival
- Beastie Boys Ad-Rock and Mike D could work together again under different name
- Ash, Cast, Peter Hook join Bingley Music Live line-up
- Live4ever Exclusive: 'Striving For a Legacy In a Fickle World' - Palma Violets @ SXSW 2015