Primal Scream have confirmed a headline appearance at this year’s Wickerman Festival, which will be held in July
The group are currently putting the finishes touches to their tenth studio album, and are set to be joined at the Scottish event by the sample heavy stylings of Public Service Broadcasting. They promise a set packed with classics, as well as new tracks taken from the forthcoming record.
The Wickerman Festival takes place in Dumfriesshire between July 26th-27th. Tickets are onsale now.
Primal Scream announced the arrival of Simone Butler on bass last October in the wake of Mani‘s return to his Stone Roses home. Later that month, Led Zeppelin star Robert Plant revealed he will feature on the new album, telling Mojo:
“I sang a bit on the Primals stuff because I think their references on looking back on the glorious past and the way they bring them into the contemporary world are fantastic.”
- Alt-J, Band Of Skulls, Jungle for new Later...With Jools Holland series
- Suede frontman Brett Anderson regrets the band's 'cartoonish' 90s look
- Jack White posts video for 'Would You Fight For My Love?'
- Sound City Studios owner Tom Skeeter dies
- Robert Plant, Ryan Adams, Interpol enjoy high new entries on UK Record Store Chart