Frightened Rabbit are operating in the same universe as Mumford & Sons? No, us neither, but Spin seem to think so, and have thus provoked a few headline-grabbing quotes from band member Scott Hutchinson.
“Melodically, there are things we have in common with those bands, but I’m not sure we have embraced the entire aesthetic of Mumford and Sons,” Hutchinson began in an attempt at diplomacy.
However, when further pressed on the apparent comparisons being made between the two bands, Hutchinson accused Mumford & Sons of ‘shovelling the same old shit’ with their second album ‘Babel‘ which, shall we say, stuck close to the commercially appealing formula of its immediate predecessor ‘Sigh No More‘.
“I was trying to be very diplomatic but I fucking hate that band and don’t want to be associated with them,” he continued. “I thought the first record did something that I appreciated, but with the second they were just shoveling the same shit. And that’s one of the reasons we’re trying to separate ourselves, because it’s a huge insult to someone who’s invested in the band to give them more of the same.”
Frightened Rabbit will be hoping to prove they are anything but shit shovellers when the new album ‘Pedestrian Verse‘ is released next month.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: The Bulletproof Bomb, Sauna Youth and more
- Wilko Johnson unveils UK tour dates
- Metronomy, The Horrors and Drenge join Blur at British Summer Time
- Liverpool Sound City adds The Cribs, Peace, Everything Everything
- Savages, The Twilight Sad to perform at 2015 Plisskën Festival in Athens