Elton John and Franz Ferdinand are among the first acts to sign up for this year’s Bestival event, which takes place between 5th-8th September on the Isle Of Wight.
Organiser Rob Da Bank has been promising a ‘UK icon who never plays festivals’ before unveiling Elton John, while rap superstar Snoop Dogg is another big name to join the bill for 2013.
Elsewhere, Johnny Marr is set to make one of his first festival outings as a solo performer, and The Walkmen will return to British shores after releasing their ‘Heaven‘ album last year.
Line up so far:
The Flaming Lips
Bombay Bicycle Club
Belle & Sebastian
Chic ft Nile Rodgers
Hot Natured (live)
The Polyphonic Spree
The Wonder Stuff
The Cuban Brothers
Matthew E White
While She Sleeps
- 'George Harrison: The Apple Years' compilation to be released this month
- HMV chairman predicts resurgence will see it 'soon overtake Amazon'
- Elbow to play three nights in Manchester, London next February
- Julian Casablancas shares 11-minute solo track 'Human Sadness'
- Robert Plant streams new album in full