Dave Grohl has confirmed the Foo Fighters are already making plans for a new album, despite his suggestions last year that they were preparing a long break following the completion of touring duties behind 2011’s ‘Wasting Light‘.
“We have a plan, we know exactly what’s coming next, and I have the music for the next record and we’re going to start working on it once we finish doing all this stuff,” he told MTV News – the ‘stuff’ being his Sound City Studios documentary and the star-laden Sound City Players band which has been formed to promote the film.
“We have really awesome, big plans for the next album and I’m really excited about it,” he continued, while adding on any potential release date: “If I give you something now, it means I’ll actually have to make that deadline.”
Dave Grohl spoke of the down-time he was expecting from the Foo Fighters in a letter to MTV News last October which read:
“I’m not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it’s a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It’s one of the reasons we’re still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it’s good to just put it back in the garage for a while. But, no gold watches or vacations just yet.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015