HMV is looking for a saviour after going into administration earlier this month, and was most recently reported to have pricked the interest of some of the UK’s major supermarket chains.
“My interest for HMV harks from an era that thinks, ‘What a great brand’,” Paphitis has told the Daily Mail. “Often I have looked at things and thought, ‘Is there something there?'”
However, despite admitting the traditional brand associated with HMV is of interest to him, Paphitis’ plans would still include some of the existing stores undergoing a change of purpose.
“I could put a Dyas or Ryman in some of its stores, and am also talking to the administrator of Jessops where I have identified some shops, as well as Blockbuster,” he continued.
- Foals post new album 'What Went Down' in full on Spotify
- Royal Blood to provide chief support for Foo Fighters' rescheduled UK outdoor gigs
- Review: Paul Smith & The Intimations - 'Contradictions'
- Frankie & The Heartstrings confirm stint supporting The Charlatans in December
- The Maccabees detail UK touring plans