Barat has told the publication his new record will be a more guitar-led affair when compared to the piano-driven flavour of his debut, and looks like being guest-heavy after Ed Harcourt, Andy Burrows, Dan Miller of Eyes On Film and French singer Benjamin Biolay all contributed to either the writing or recording process along with Marr.
Barat’s eponymous debut solo album was released back in 2010. More recently, he has been rumoured to have been embarking on fresh writing sessions with his on-off Libertines bandmate Pete Doherty, increasing hopes that one of the best 21st century bands could still turn their 2010 reunion gigs into a more full scale comeback despite the inactivity of subsequent years.
Carl Barat has told NME he hopes to have the latest solo LP released in the second half of this year.
- Spokesperson denies Morrissey will play Manchester's Summer In The City
- The Black Keys confirmed as final Latitude Festival headliners for 2014
- Yoko Ono writes letter to Elbow after 'New York Morning' tribute
- Video: The Men support new album with 'Pearly Gates' promo
- John Grant adds June dates to UK tour