At The Drive-In‘s first and last studio albums are up for reissue in a couple of months time as part of Transgressive Records’ first re-release campaign.
1996′s debut ‘Acrobatic Tenement‘ will be available from March 25th, with the 2000 third LP ‘Relationship Of Command‘ following on April 22nd.
A first run of coloured vinyl editions of ‘Relationship Of Command’ is planned for Record Store Day on April 20th, with CD and digital versions also promised.
“It was interesting to revisit the recordings that bookended the first chapters of our band,” guitarist and founding member Jim Ward has said. “The earnest and pure excitement of the beginning and the level of craftsmanship we achieved by Relationship of Command leaves me nothing but proud. I am happy these records have found their way to continue to feel new as people discover music they love and embrace our work.”
At The Drive-In briefly reunited last year for a handful of live performances, but are not thought to have any other future plans in the works.
- Iceage reveal 'The Lord's Favorite' video, promise more new music soon
- Doves' Jez and Andy Williams form new band Black Rivers
- James Blake, Jon Hopkins on the bill for Manchester's Warehouse Project
- Jack White, Neil Young top Farm Aid 2014 line-up
- Paul Weller to release 'Classic Album Selection Vol. 1' box-set