Fans have been waiting patiently for a fourth record from the New York trio ever since the Grammy nominated ‘It’s Blitz!‘ arrived in March 2009. And it looks like their patience will finally be rewarded early next year, with the news on Instagram declaring: “DNA upgrades, spontaneous evolution and NEW YEAH YEAH YEAHS RECORD ARRIVING SPRING 2013! finally.”
Though details remain skeletal, the band did air the new track ‘Despair‘ for a crowd of just 70 when they performed at the Union Pool in New York recently as part of a concert organised to raise money for those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Meanwhile, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have an Australian visit booked for early next year when they will play gigs in Sydney, Southport, Melbourne and Adelaide as part of the 2013 Big Day Out festival.
- Video: Jamie T performs 'Zombie' on Later...With Jools Holland
- Mystery Jets announce new bass player, hint at new material tonight
- Video: Temples bring 'Shelter Song' to Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Little Comets announce 'The Sanguine' EP, October tour dates
- Belle & Sebastian confirm new album 'Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance'