Fans have been waiting patiently for a fourth record from the New York trio ever since the Grammy nominated ‘It’s Blitz!‘ arrived in March 2009. And it looks like their patience will finally be rewarded early next year, with the news on Instagram declaring: “DNA upgrades, spontaneous evolution and NEW YEAH YEAH YEAHS RECORD ARRIVING SPRING 2013! finally.”
Though details remain skeletal, the band did air the new track ‘Despair‘ for a crowd of just 70 when they performed at the Union Pool in New York recently as part of a concert organised to raise money for those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Meanwhile, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have an Australian visit booked for early next year when they will play gigs in Sydney, Southport, Melbourne and Adelaide as part of the 2013 Big Day Out festival.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015