Fans have been waiting patiently for a fourth record from the New York trio ever since the Grammy nominated ‘It’s Blitz!‘ arrived in March 2009. And it looks like their patience will finally be rewarded early next year, with the news on Instagram declaring: “DNA upgrades, spontaneous evolution and NEW YEAH YEAH YEAHS RECORD ARRIVING SPRING 2013! finally.”
Though details remain skeletal, the band did air the new track ‘Despair‘ for a crowd of just 70 when they performed at the Union Pool in New York recently as part of a concert organised to raise money for those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Meanwhile, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have an Australian visit booked for early next year when they will play gigs in Sydney, Southport, Melbourne and Adelaide as part of the 2013 Big Day Out festival.
- Gallery: Fat White Family's 'naked ambition' comes to New York City
- Pulled Apart By Horses reveal new EP, Kasabian support & headline UK gigs
- Damon Albarn restarting Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Review: Topshelf Records' label tour feat. Field Mouse, Prawn, A Great Big Pile of Leaves
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club cancel live plans as drummer Leah Shapiro requires brain surgery