Mumford & Sons will make the step-up to UK festival bill-toppers next year when they headline T In The Park 2013.
The London band have enjoyed a rapid rise to fame on both sides of the Atlantic since the release of their debut album ‘Sigh No More‘ in 2009, and will be joined in Scotland next June by the fellow confirmed headliner Rihanna.
“Seems like only yesterday that the first band took to the stage at Strathclyde Park for our inaugural T in the Park in 94, now here we are in 2012 announcing two of the of the world’s biggest and best acts to headline our 20th edition,” festival director Geoff Ellis has said.
“We have always worked incredibly hard to bring our T in the Park fans the best line-up possible, and this year is no exception. We are unbelievably excited that Rihanna and Mumford & Sons will be taking to the Main Stage in Kinross as we are sure our audience will be. We have many more fantastic acts in store for everyone and will announce these next year, but it’s shaping up to be one hell of celebration.”
Alt-J, Jake Bugg, Paloma Faith and Of Monsters and Men have also been confirmed for the festival, which will take place between July 12th-14th next year in Balado. Tickets are onsale from this Friday (December 7th).
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'
- Fleetwood Mac add another night at London's O2 Arena