Blood Red Shoes will release a new EP next month, when they are also set to perform two live UK dates.
The ‘Water‘ EP contains the tracks ‘Red River‘, ‘Black Distractions‘ and ‘Idle Hands‘, and is due for release on January 21st 2013. The songs were recorded in Dallas with The Walkmen cohort John Congleton.
“One of the first times Laura and I actually met was at a show that John Congleton’s band The Paper Chase were playing in London eight years ago,” drummer Steven Ansell has said.
“We’ve known John since then and always been in touch about doing some recording sometime so we finally made it happen at the end of our recent US tour. We did it super fast down at his studio in Dallas, Texas straight after our last show of the US tour.”
On the day of the EP’s release, the duo will be in Norwich for a show at the city’s Arts Centre, with a gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire in London following on January 22nd.
“The songs themselves are some of the most out-and-out rock riffs we’ve ever written, inspired a lot by driving around the USA and pure badass rock ‘n’ roll immediacy – they’re much looser, faster, and less considered than ‘In Time To Voices’ and we wanted to capture that feeling and not make it too perfect,” Ansell continues.
- Acoustic performance of Courtney Barnett's 'Depreston' shared online
- Foo Fighters' North American tour looks set to go ahead as planned
- Spector confirm new album 'Moth Boys'
- Noel Gallagher pursuing a 'brand new way of working' on third solo album
- Foo Fighters, Muse, Oasis early favourites for Glastonbury 2016