Bestival was named the Best Major Festival at the UK Festival Awards last night (December 3rd), while New Order, who topped the bill at the Isle Of Wight event back in September, won the Headline Performance Of The Year for their appearance at Festival No.6.
Bestival’s victory means the event has now shared the award with Glastonbury in each of the last four years, with the Worthy Farm festival, which took a break this year, previously winning in 2009 and 2011.
Elsewhere, Download was handed the award for Best Line-Up, while Jake Bugg received more recognition by picking up the Breakthrough Of The Year. Django Django‘s superb single ‘Default‘ was named Anthem Of The Summer.
If you’re interested in toilet facilities – and let’s face it, who isn’t? – the Best Toilets award went to Lodestar.
Best Major Festival – Bestival
Best Medium-Sized Festival – Bloodstock Open Air Festival
Best Small Festival – Y Not Festival
Best New Festival – Festival No.6
Best Metropolitan Festival – Camden Crawl
Best Line-Up – Download
Best Toilets – Lodestar
Best Overseas Festival – Benicassim
Headline Performance Of The Year – New Order at Festival No. 6
Best Breakthrough Act – Jake Bugg
Anthem Of The Summer – Django Django ‘Default’
Lifetime Achievement Award – John Probyn
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage