Soundgarden have premiered the official video for ‘Been Away Too Long‘ as their comeback album ‘King Animal‘ gets its release today (November 12th).
The song was performed live on Later…with Jools Holland last week, and follows the release of a teaser clip of ‘Worse Dreams’ which arrived earlier this summer.
Following their split in 1997, Soundgarden’s rumoured return was confirmed in January 2010 when frontman Chris Cornell told his Twitter followers that: “The 12-year break is over and school is back in session.” The reunion then began in earnest a year later, when plans for ‘King Animal’ were first discussed and a series of tour commitments revealed.
Soundgarden’s first studio record since 1996′s ‘Down on the Upside‘ was described by guitarist Kim Thayil as re-establishing “…that we still rock, we’re still heavy, and we’re still a little weird,” and was previewed in London last Friday when the US group performed a one-off gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire.
- Rob Da Bank, Catfish & The Bottlemen win at Festival Congress Awards
- Gallery: Fat White Family's 'naked ambition' comes to New York City
- Pulled Apart By Horses reveal new EP, Kasabian support & headline UK gigs
- Damon Albarn restarting Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Review: Topshelf Records' label tour feat. Field Mouse, Prawn, A Great Big Pile of Leaves