Soundgarden have premiered the official video for ‘Been Away Too Long‘ as their comeback album ‘King Animal‘ gets its release today (November 12th).
The song was performed live on Later…with Jools Holland last week, and follows the release of a teaser clip of ‘Worse Dreams’ which arrived earlier this summer.
Following their split in 1997, Soundgarden’s rumoured return was confirmed in January 2010 when frontman Chris Cornell told his Twitter followers that: “The 12-year break is over and school is back in session.” The reunion then began in earnest a year later, when plans for ‘King Animal’ were first discussed and a series of tour commitments revealed.
Soundgarden’s first studio record since 1996′s ‘Down on the Upside‘ was described by guitarist Kim Thayil as re-establishing “…that we still rock, we’re still heavy, and we’re still a little weird,” and was previewed in London last Friday when the US group performed a one-off gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire.
- The Jam's 'Setting Sons' to be reissued with unreleased tracks
- Ray Davies suggests a Kinks reunion is now unlikely once again
- Video: Noel Gallagher performs 'How Soon Is Now?' with Johnny Marr in London
- Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' to become Amazon's most pre-ordered album
- Noel Gallagher premieres official 'In The Heat Of The Moment' video