Bestival’s organiser and founder Rob da Bank has said the event plans to celebrate its 10th anniversary next year with a special nautical theme which will be known as ‘HMS Bestival’.
“All the nice girls love a sailor and all the boys love a mermaid,” the DJ has said. “Think deckhands, anchors, beach parties, Moby Dick, tattooed ladies, Titanic, shipwrecks, Hawaii, Treasure Island, rum bars in scuzzy ports, message in a bottle, the crow’s nest, sea legends, monster breakers and tall tales of life on the ocean waves. Nautical but nice!”
Bestival launched in 2004 with a strong desire to offer an alternative to the modern, big-budget festival experience, and has since grown into one of the most popular events on the UK summer festival calendar. Last year, Florence & The Machine, New Order and Stevie Wonder headlined the Main Stage, while the likes of Two Door Cinema Club, Friendly Fires and Hot Chip also performed over the course of the weekend.
- Gallery: Fat White Family's 'naked ambition' comes to New York City
- Pulled Apart By Horses reveal new EP, Kasabian support & headline UK gigs
- Damon Albarn restarting Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Review: Topshelf Records' label tour feat. Field Mouse, Prawn, A Great Big Pile of Leaves
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club cancel live plans as drummer Leah Shapiro requires brain surgery