Bestival’s organiser and founder Rob da Bank has said the event plans to celebrate its 10th anniversary next year with a special nautical theme which will be known as ‘HMS Bestival’.
“All the nice girls love a sailor and all the boys love a mermaid,” the DJ has said. “Think deckhands, anchors, beach parties, Moby Dick, tattooed ladies, Titanic, shipwrecks, Hawaii, Treasure Island, rum bars in scuzzy ports, message in a bottle, the crow’s nest, sea legends, monster breakers and tall tales of life on the ocean waves. Nautical but nice!”
Bestival launched in 2004 with a strong desire to offer an alternative to the modern, big-budget festival experience, and has since grown into one of the most popular events on the UK summer festival calendar. Last year, Florence & The Machine, New Order and Stevie Wonder headlined the Main Stage, while the likes of Two Door Cinema Club, Friendly Fires and Hot Chip also performed over the course of the weekend.
- Paul Weller, Johnny Marr, The Who join Noel Gallagher at Teenage Cancer Trust concerts
- The Barr Brothers confirm new single 'Come In The Water'
- Muse appear to confirm new album title
- The Prodigy, Noel Gallagher, Florence & The Machine confirm for Benicassim 2015
- James announce summer Forest Live concert