The event will take place in September next year in Rio De Janeiro, with Metallica returning for a sixth time to top the bill on September 19th. Bruce Springsteen is due to follow on September 20th, with rock survivors Iron Maiden next up on September 22nd.
In responding to their booking for Rock In Rio, Metallica have said: “We’re back with another show announcement and unlike last week’s posting, we’re giving you almost whole year’s notice!! We are super psyched to be returning to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for our sixth Rock in Rio on September 19, 2013. How’s that for advance planning?!”
International ticket sales will not get underway until April 2013, though locals sale are to be begin later this month on October 23rd.
Rock In Rio began in 1985 and has since evolved into one of the biggest international annual music events.
- 'George Harrison: The Apple Years' compilation to be released this month
- HMV chairman predicts resurgence will see it 'soon overtake Amazon'
- Elbow to play three nights in Manchester, London next February
- Julian Casablancas shares 11-minute solo track 'Human Sadness'
- Robert Plant streams new album in full