The event will take place in September next year in Rio De Janeiro, with Metallica returning for a sixth time to top the bill on September 19th. Bruce Springsteen is due to follow on September 20th, with rock survivors Iron Maiden next up on September 22nd.
In responding to their booking for Rock In Rio, Metallica have said: “We’re back with another show announcement and unlike last week’s posting, we’re giving you almost whole year’s notice!! We are super psyched to be returning to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for our sixth Rock in Rio on September 19, 2013. How’s that for advance planning?!”
International ticket sales will not get underway until April 2013, though locals sale are to be begin later this month on October 23rd.
Rock In Rio began in 1985 and has since evolved into one of the biggest international annual music events.
- Cold War Kids confirm return with new album 'Hold My Home'
- The Coral to release eight year old album 'Curse Of Love'
- Royal Blood pushing for first UK number one album
- The 1975: We never recieved our 'Worst Band' award from NME
- Definitive version of Bob Dylan and The Band's 'The Basement Tapes' to be released