The event will take place in September next year in Rio De Janeiro, with Metallica returning for a sixth time to top the bill on September 19th. Bruce Springsteen is due to follow on September 20th, with rock survivors Iron Maiden next up on September 22nd.
In responding to their booking for Rock In Rio, Metallica have said: “We’re back with another show announcement and unlike last week’s posting, we’re giving you almost whole year’s notice!! We are super psyched to be returning to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for our sixth Rock in Rio on September 19, 2013. How’s that for advance planning?!”
International ticket sales will not get underway until April 2013, though locals sale are to be begin later this month on October 23rd.
Rock In Rio began in 1985 and has since evolved into one of the biggest international annual music events.
- Spokesperson denies Morrissey will play Manchester's Summer In The City
- The Black Keys confirmed as final Latitude Festival headliners for 2014
- Yoko Ono writes letter to Elbow after 'New York Morning' tribute
- Video: The Men support new album with 'Pearly Gates' promo
- John Grant adds June dates to UK tour