Grizzly Bear have debuted the video for the latest single to be taken from their excellent 2012 album ‘Shields‘. ‘Yet Again‘ can be viewed through YouTube below.
‘Shields’ is already proving to be one of Live4ever’s favourite releases of the year so far, and was described in our review as “…Adopting a much heavier sound, it is also a much more aggressive album. Where ‘Veckatimest’ opened to the gentle rolling, slowly climactic, acoustic blues of ‘Southern Point’, here ‘Sleeping Ute’ tears and shreds its path with a thunderous boom – an unpredictable, unstable, reverberating electric storm.”
“Its unexpected shift to a calm and reflective nylon-strung coda serves as a flawless segue for the gentle opening lull of heartbeat drums and sweeping synth in ‘Speak In Rounds’. But even this meditative moment is fleeting as the acoustic guitar driven rhythm propels the song through dynamic peaks and troughs pushing for closure by way of a surprising but brief entry of a jazz wind ensemble.”
The review can be read in full here.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman