The Inspiral Carpets have revealed plans to tour the UK in March next year, when they will air their 1990 debut album ‘Life‘ in its entirety.
The band reunited with former frontman Stephen Holt in 2011, and later released a brand new single entitled ‘You’re So Good For Me‘ before heading out on both headline and support tours across Britain during the course of this year.
And now, they have confirmed more tour commitments for 2013, which will begin on March 13th at the Newcastle Academy. A homecoming gig at Manchester’s Ritz venue will round the dates off on March 29th.
‘Life’ was a big commercial success for the Inspiral Carpets upon its release in April 1990, and catapulted the band to the forefront of Madchester at a time when the movement was at its cultural peak. “I have great memories of us writing and recording Life,” XFM’s Clint Boon has said.
“The culmination of the first five years of us making Inspiral music. Such an exciting time for us lot. The Life album is our most psychedelic and diverse work. Working class Oldham meets timeless garage pop.”
Newcastle O2 Academy (13)
Edinburgh Liquid Rooms (14)
Glasgow King Tuts (15, 16)
Birmingham O2 Academy 2 (21)
London KOKO (22)
Sheffield Leadmill (23)
Nottingham Rescue Rooms (24)
Wrexham Central Station (28)
Manchester HMV Ritz (29)
- New Order confirm Brandon Flowers, Iggy Pop on new album
- Blur pick Courtney Barnett for US tour support
- Twin Atlantic premiere official video for 'Fall Into The Party'
- Maximo Park frontman Paul Smith unveils new solo single 'Break Me Down'
- Noel Gallagher, Led Zeppelin, Stone Roses have UK's top selling vinyl albums of 2015 so far