The Inspiral Carpets have revealed plans to tour the UK in March next year, when they will air their 1990 debut album ‘Life‘ in its entirety.
The band reunited with former frontman Stephen Holt in 2011, and later released a brand new single entitled ‘You’re So Good For Me‘ before heading out on both headline and support tours across Britain during the course of this year.
And now, they have confirmed more tour commitments for 2013, which will begin on March 13th at the Newcastle Academy. A homecoming gig at Manchester’s Ritz venue will round the dates off on March 29th.
‘Life’ was a big commercial success for the Inspiral Carpets upon its release in April 1990, and catapulted the band to the forefront of Madchester at a time when the movement was at its cultural peak. “I have great memories of us writing and recording Life,” XFM’s Clint Boon has said.
“The culmination of the first five years of us making Inspiral music. Such an exciting time for us lot. The Life album is our most psychedelic and diverse work. Working class Oldham meets timeless garage pop.”
Newcastle O2 Academy (13)
Edinburgh Liquid Rooms (14)
Glasgow King Tuts (15, 16)
Birmingham O2 Academy 2 (21)
London KOKO (22)
Sheffield Leadmill (23)
Nottingham Rescue Rooms (24)
Wrexham Central Station (28)
Manchester HMV Ritz (29)
- Brian Wilson outlines North American tour dates
- Best Friends, Tellison included on new indie compilation for Record Store Day
- Noel Gallagher: 'I should make a record with Richard Ashcroft'
- LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy unveils track from While We're Young soundtrack
- Paul McCartney announces three UK gigs as part of European tour