The Futureheads are to release an acoustic version of their 2008 single ‘The Beginning Of The Twist‘ next month.
Due out on October 15th through Nul Records, the re-worked song has become a staple of the band’s live set following the release of their a cappella album ‘Rant‘ earlier this year.
The track was originally issued in the March of 2008 as ‘This Is Not the World‘s lead single, and hit no.20 on the UK Singles Chart. It is streaming through Soundcloud here.
Meanwhile, The Futureheads will take their a cappella and acoustic show to their own Split Festival later this month, which also includes appearances from the likes of Pulled Apart By Horses and Public Image Ltd.
“Finalising the line up for Split this year has been a challenge to say the least, we’ve had some dead ends and red herrings, long shots and near misses, but finally we’ve managed to get a band we would never have even dreamed of,” Barry Hyde has said of booking PiL. “Split is bringing a Sex Pistol to Sunderland, THE Sex Pistol! It’s a punk rock miracle and we are very excited.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. Mazes, Palace and more
- Weezer unveil new album tracklist, delay release
- Release date, tracklist confirmed for Aphex Twin's new album
- Bastille premiere horror-infused video for ‘bad_news’
- Morrissey's 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' disappears from US markets after label row