Primal Scream will release a brand new album early next year, and frontman Bobby Gillespie has described their impending tenth studio effort as ‘modern rock n roll’.
“It’s a rock’n’roll record, but modern rock’n’roll. Pretty psychedelic rock, it’s kind of guitar-driven but we use guitars in an orchestral way, not in the normal way people make rock records,” he has told Q. “I think we do it in a more interesting way. We weave the guitars in with electronics and other acoustic instruments to make the core sound.”
“The songwriting has got better! Live we’re a guitar rock’n’roll band but when we make records it would boring if we just made guitar records, we’ve got our own way of doing things. It’s Primal Scream music.”
With bass player Mani now back with The Stone Roses, Primal Scream confirmed earlier this year the new touring replacement will be their former Creation label-mate, My Bloody Valentine‘s Debbie Googe.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Two Cartoons, Divers and more
- Patrick Carney's injury forces The Black Keys to cancel UK arena tour
- Interpol release 'Everything Is Wrong' video
- Manic Street Preachers plot North American 'Holy Bible' anniversary shows
- Parquet Courts to release live album recorded at Jack White's Third Man studios