Speaking to MTV Hive, Corgan explained how he is pressing on with plans for a ‘cruel record’. “I’m starting to write new songs for the next Pumpkins album,” he said. “I got a lot going on. I have a title for the next album but I won’t tell. It’s going to be a cruel record. Vengeance is mine.”
And as one of the most vocal opponents of the current trend for band reunions and nostalgia, Corgan added that his primary focus remains on writing new material. “I’m in my 40s, I should be making new music predominantly,” he continued. “I think that that expectation that’s been created is really bad for people.”
After being originally mooted for a release in late 2011, ‘Oceania’ eventually found its way onto the shelves in June.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman