Former Guns N Roses guitarist Slash has been talking through a part of his somewhat unconventional childhood, telling Australian radio station Triple M of the time when he caught his mother naked with David Bowie.
“My mum started working with David professionally at first,” he tells the station. “I’m pretty sure that’s how it started. Then it turned into some sort of mysterious romance that went on for a while after that. She did his wardrobe for his whole Thin White Duke period and The Man Who Fell To Earth movie that he did. She did all that and he was around for a while.”
“He was always over – they were always together. I caught them naked once. They had a lot of stuff going on, but my perspective was limited. Looking back on it, I know exactly what was going on. When I look back on that whole combination of people, I can only imagine how freaky it was.”
Slash’s costume designer mother Ola Hudson worked with David Bowie in the mid 70s, designing many of his outfits during the legendary Thin White Duke period. She passed away in 2009.
- James will headline Bingley Music Live in September
- Other Lives to support new album with North American tour
- Darlia announce May headline UK gigs after Wombats support
- Laura Marling 'questioned her future in music' after 'Once I Was An Eagle'
- David Gilmour to play European shows in support of new solo album