Former Guns N Roses guitarist Slash has been talking through a part of his somewhat unconventional childhood, telling Australian radio station Triple M of the time when he caught his mother naked with David Bowie.
“My mum started working with David professionally at first,” he tells the station. “I’m pretty sure that’s how it started. Then it turned into some sort of mysterious romance that went on for a while after that. She did his wardrobe for his whole Thin White Duke period and The Man Who Fell To Earth movie that he did. She did all that and he was around for a while.”
“He was always over – they were always together. I caught them naked once. They had a lot of stuff going on, but my perspective was limited. Looking back on it, I know exactly what was going on. When I look back on that whole combination of people, I can only imagine how freaky it was.”
Slash’s costume designer mother Ola Hudson worked with David Bowie in the mid 70s, designing many of his outfits during the legendary Thin White Duke period. She passed away in 2009.
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage