Blur have released the official video for their new track ‘Under The Westway‘ via their Facebook page, which can be viewed below.
The song forms one half of a double A-side single along with ‘The Puritan‘, which is available now digitally, while a physical 7″ version will be released on August 6th. The video shows the four original Blur members together in their London studio as they record the single, from whose rooftop the band debuted both tracks live on Twitter last week.
Speaking after news of their single broke, Blur’s frontman Damon Albarn gave no indication as to whether the songs will form part of a new, full length album at some stage in the future, instead stating that they were merely ‘written for Hyde Park’.
“I wrote these songs for Hyde Park and I’m really excited about getting out there and playing them for people,” he said.
Blur will headline the special Hyde Park concert next month to mark the end of this summer’s London Olympic Games.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman